Wednesday 18 February 2015

Hot ginger and lemon tea

Get rid of the cold with warming ginger tea

Ginger is an all-around champion in my kitchen and it is my hero when it comes to fight off winter ailments. When I start to feel the tingling sensation of something is lurking in my body, that something is sneaking up on me, I reach for my hot ginger tea to nip it in the bud. Simple and effective!

You will need:
1 inch fresh ginger root
1 or 2 slices of a juicy lemon (unwaxed and organic of course)
freshly boiled water

1. Cut an inch long ginger root into very fine slices. Put the slices into a cup.
2. Pour in freshly boiled hot water, cover, and let it stand for 5 to 7 mins.
3. Squeeze a slice of lemon into your ginger tea, stir, and sip, sip, sip. Enjoy!

Tips for flavouring: You can adjust the heat of you ginger tea by adding more or less ginger. For an extra fiery tea double the amount of ginger. For extra lemony taste squeeze two or more slices of lemon into your tea. You can stir in a tsp honey just before sipping if you prefer it sweet or for added flavour.

Tips for preparation: You can add the ginger while the water is still boiling. When the water just boiled up add the ginger and reduce the heat and simmer for 3 to 5 mins. Let it sand for further 5 mins, then pour into the cup and squeeze in the lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment