Dark chocolate medallions flavoured with fragrant raspberry and rose
Pink, red and chocolate - a Valentine's must. A sweet scent, a delicate aroma, a luscious flavour, the winning combination for love and devotion. See, smell, and taste all in one bite. Simple chocolate medallions from simple ingredients, easy to make, delicious to enjoy, not so easy to share.
You will need (makes 25 medallions):
100 g dark chocolate (vegan*)
freeze dried raspberries
dried rose petals
1. In a small saucepan put some water on to boil. When gently simmering put a stainless steel or a heat resistant glass bowl on top (the bottom must not touch the water).
2. Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and put into the bowl. Gentry stir with a silicone spatula until all melted. Take off from heat.
3. With a teaspoon spoon onto a non stick baking paper or onto a silicone macaron mat. Make all the 25 medallions first.
4. Then sprinkle half with freeze dried raspberries and the remaining with dried rose petals.
5. Let them cool completely. When they are no longer shiny, and the surface is matte pop the tray into the refrigerator for 25 to 30 mins or until serving. Share and enjoy!
[*] Montezuma's 73% cocoa Very Dark Chocolate 100 g
Ingredients: Organic Cocoa solids (73%), Organic Sugar (26%) & Organic Vanilla.