Little tea companions - crumbly, almondy, and sugar-free
You will need:
180 g plain flour
120 g ground almonds
100 g butter
45 g xylitol
1 small egg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground vanilla pod
pinch of salt
1. Sift the flour into a big bowl. Add the almonds, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
2. Grind the xylitol in a coffee grinder and add to the flour mix.
3. Add the egg and the soft diced butter to the dry mix, and combine it with your fingers. Keep mixing till the dough forms.
4. Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator (for at least two hours).
5. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
6. Dust the rolling mat with a little flour. Tear out small pieces of dough, about the size of a small walnut in shell. Between your palms make little balls.
7. Arrange them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press a fork on the balls gently but firmly to flatten the biscuits.
8. Bake them till golden yellow.
9. Transfer the biscuits into a wire rack and let them cool completely. Serve with steaming tea.
Tips: Keep the biscuits fresh in an airtight container. You can drizzle with melted dark chocolate or dip half of the biscuit into melted chocolate.
Allergy: gluten, nut, egg.