Juicy, soft carrot-apple oaty bites
I do not make the exact same recipe twice, can't help it but it seems I always change something here and there by adding or replacing an element or two.
The base of this oaty is my Toddler Bar, I bake this treat often, very often, so to make things exciting I alter some ingredients. This time there are no currants but instead of 3 carrots there are 5 (making it extra soft and juicy), there is ground almond in it and coconut on the top. So yummy!!
My toddler ate almost all of it!
It is a great treat with no added sugar, easy to bake, gorgeous on the go, no toddler or adult can resist.
You will need (for a 20 x 20 baking tray):
5 decent sized carrots
3 big enough juicy apples
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp ground almonds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1.5 cups porridge oats
desiccated coconut, about 4 heaped tbsp
1. Grate the peeled carrots and apples.
2. Add the oats, almonds, and cinnamon. Mix well.
3. Add the coconut oil, mix all together, and let it rest for 15 to 20 mins.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
5. Line a 20 cm square baking tin or pyrex with baking paper. Scoop the mixture into the baking tin and squash down. Sprinkle generously with coconut. Bake for 25-30 mins.
6. Remove from the oven, leave to stand for 3 to 5 minutes, then lift out and let it cool completely.
7. Cut into rectangles, squares, or diamond shape. Enjoy!