Invigorating purple juice for unhurried mornings
This juice contains all my favourite winter veg. Great taste, brilliant colour, superb nutrients. First I called it the 'Sunday Kick Juice' (kick the winter blues) but since Saturdays are equally leisurely I now dedicate this juice to the whole weekend, where there is no rush, no time watching, and absolutely no 'please, hurry up!' but relaxed times to prepare this so-full-of-life wonder elixir.
To make this fine weekend boost juice you will need (serves 2 to 3):
1 medium beetroot
2 large or 3 medium carrots
1 cup curly kale, chopped
1 medium apple
1/4 of a small red cabbage
1 cm fresh ginger root
1 cm fresh turmeric root
500 to 600 ml still mineral water
2. Add to the root veg roughly chopped curly kale, quartered apple (core and pips removed), roughly chopped red cabbage.
3. Season with thinly sliced ginger and turmeric. Pour in the still mineral water.
4. Pulse for a few seconds until all mixed then blend for a minute or so to extract all the goodness.
5. Pour through a stainless steel sieve to catch most of the bits (you can use it to enrich soups and stews).
6. Pour into glasses and drink up. Enjoy!
More juice and smoothie ideas:
Gingery carrot juice
Coconas beet juice
Beetroot and ginger smoothie