My very first grain-free bread
The first but surely not the last. A very much bread-like bread with no grains. Is it possible? Oh, yeah, it is possible (I was the most surprised). It has a nice crust, it can be slices, it can be toasted, it complements both savoury and sweet flavors, what else do you need? All right, it is not a sourdough but who cares, it is bread, just look at it!
You will need (makes a small loaf 19 x 9 cm, about 10 generous slices):
200 g ground almonds
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp linseed (flax seed)
1/2 tsp baking soda
generous pinch of Himalayan rock salt
5 eggs, medium/large
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2. Put the linseed into a coffee grinder and grind it well.
3. In a mixing bowl combine ground almonds, coconut flour, ground linseed, baking soda and salt.
5. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Combine well.
6. Line the loaf tin with unbleached baking paper, scoop in the batter. Place the tin in a preheated oven and bake at 180 C for 35 mins. The crust should be nice and golden.
7. Take the bread out of the tin, peel off the baking paper and let the bread cool down completely on a wire rack before slicing. Enjoy!
Allergy: Nut. Egg. No gluten. No grain. No dairy. No sugar. No yeast. No soya. Vegetarian.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.