Oven-baked banana chips in three flavour combinations
Thin banana chips, dipped in citrus juice, lightly flavoured, then gently baked-dried in the oven. The three flavour combinations are: seductive cinnamon-vanilla, warming turmeric-cardamom and fiery chilli-salt.
You will need:
2 ripe bananas, skin is well speckled with brown spots
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground vanilla (pure pod)
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/4 tsp Himalayan rock salt
1. Prepare the flavourings: mix the ground cinnamon with the ground vanilla, the ground turmeric with the ground cardamom, and the chilli flakes with the fine Himalayan rock salt.
2. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and preheat the oven to 85 C.
3. Squeeze the lime, put the filtered juice in a glass bowl and add 1/2 cup (125 ml) filtered water.
4. Peel the bananas and slice them thinly.
5. Dip the banana sliced into the lime juice, arrange the slices on the prepared baking tray.
6. Sprinkle 1/3 of the banana slices with the cinnamon and vanilla mix, 1/3 with the turmeric and cardamom mix, and the remaining 1/3 with the chilli and salt mix.
7. Put the tray into the preheated oven and gently bake-dry for about 3 hours, turning the flavoured slices halfway.
8. Let them cool down completely. You can serve and store the three flavours in separate bowls and containers, OR you can mix the flavours together. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.